by 9 July 05, 2013
Hello, Luvvy readers! I am so excited to begin contributing to this wonderful space, and I thought I would kick things off with a fresh summer simple syrup.
Around here, we are avid gardeners. During the summer months you will find our family outside more than in, pulling up weeds & harvesting the well-earned bounty of our many hours of labor. We have a variety of vegetables, fruits, flowers, and herbs planted in pots, raised beds & throughout our postage stamp-sized yard.
We are always thinking of creative ways to use our homegrown food & simple syrups are one of our favorites. Today I want to share with you how we make mint simple syrup at home with only a few ingredients you are sure to have in your pantry.
Mint Simple Syrup
- Handful of fresh mint from the garden, chopped - 2 cups water - 1 cup sugar
1. Gather fresh mint from the garden, wash & chop.
2. Measure all of your ingredients & add them to a large pot.
3. Bring your pot to a full rolling boil & boil for 10 - 12 minutes until your liquid turns into a syrup consistency.
4. Using a strainer or colander with mesh cloth, strain your syrup & discard the mint leaves to your compost bin.
5. Cool your syrup to room temperature & pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add a cute label & refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
You can use a variety of herbs for simple syrups including one of my favorites, lavender. Experiment with any edible herb in the kitchen using the methods above.
Some ways we use our simple syrup: - Host a party & have a simple syrup bar for adding to cocktails, champagne & club soda - Add to homemade popsicles for extra flavor - Enjoy in your sparkling water while gardening - Add to sun tea & enjoy on the front porch with a good book
by 11 October 27, 2016 0 Comments
by 11 October 19, 2016 0 Comments
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Hello Luvvy is an Arkansas based online boutique and blog that started as a collaborative blogging platform in 2013 by lifelong friends Katie & Darcy. In 2017, Darcy fulfilled a dream of adding a women's clothing boutique to the site and brand.
We maintain that women's real beauty should always shine through, therefore we do not use photoshop to alter any of the women you see modeling in the shop or creating content on our blog.
MEET THE TEAM
Darcy Munoz—Shop Owner/Blog Co-Creator & Founder/Fashion Editor
Katie Earney—Blog Co-Creator & Editor/Beauty Editor
Melinda Asewicz—Blog Food & Lifestyle Editor
-MSN News August 2016
-Elements of Style-Arkansas Life (Web & Print Publication)
-Sync Weekly (Web & Print Publication)